Code of Conduct
(Spring 2019 - Adult Members)
Baffins Fit Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
The club believes that it is important that members, coaches and volunteers associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with either the Welfare Officer (Terri Brown) or club founders Helen Mayhead or Julie Allan Fuller.
As a member of Baffins Fit Club, you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- All the members must take responsibility in ensuring they are up to date with the rules, understand and adhere to them.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- All members must behave with respect to other members of the club, other runners and members of the public. This includes taking responsibility for their own safety and not compromise the safety of others.
- Members should recognise the valuable contribution made by coaches and volunteers. They give their time and resources for the good of the club. All members must respect coaches and publicly accept their decisions.
- All members should be a positive role model, treat other runners, coaches and volunteers with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Members must pay any fees for membership, events and merchandise promptly.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated. Encourage everyone to enjoy running and understand that people have different motivations for taking part.
- When representing the club at events or wearing club colours, including on social media, members must not bring the club into disrepute. This includes not publishing defamatory material.
Any breach of the above Code of Conduct could result in a formal warning and a possible termination of membership.
BFC coaches are all qualified Run England Group Leaders and willing to share their experience and enjoyment of running with you. As a member of Baffins Fit Club you should understand that participation in this club is entirely at your own risk and you should consult your doctor if you are suffering from any condition that may make running injurous to your health.